Given the healthcare industry’s trend towards consolidation, facilities are joining together, operating under a corporate or larger organization. This often creates a number of challenges in managing the Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) that is generated across a group’s multiple locations.
Ideally, predictable billing, a single trusted vendor across locations, and ease of reporting to regulatory agencies should be the goal. Traditionally, this is not what happens.
What often occurs is:
- Management struggles with invoice variances resulting from multiple vendors contracted at their various locations.
- Costly bills result due to over or under-scheduling when anticipated waste generation does not match up to the contracted service levels.
- The geographic spread of an organization’s facilities forces the contracting with multiple hauling vendors, mitigating bargaining power and detracting from any standardization initiatives.
- Service barrier issues ensue with remote locations having limited medical-waste service options.
- Reporting errors across locations, leading to severe fines.
- i.e., Medical Waste Manifests, Certificate of Destruction, DOT papers, and applicable local and state reporting requirements
If you represent a multi-site healthcare organization, one of the best options you can take advantage of is to use a certified on-premise option that allows each location to efficiently treat the medical waste and then dispose of that treated waste in the regular municipal trash.
An on-premise option means no more scheduling third-party hauler trucks, no piling up of RMW at a facility (wasted space!), and no confusing multiple vendor invoicing. The on-premise unit is loaded at the location by staff, and with a press of a button, the waste is treated and then easily disposed of along with the facility’s regular trash.
OnSite Waste is the preferred on-premise medical-waste solution with its smart, compact, easy-to-use technology that is promoting a safe and clean work space for staff and patients!
With OnSite Waste:
- Management will have predictable billing and more control over budgeting
- Over and under-scheduling issues are eliminated
- All facilities are provided with a consistent, standardized solution (even remote sites!)
- Regulatory reporting and container replenishment ordering occurs through an automated system
To explore what our on-premise option can achieve in managing RMW across all of your locations, please see below.